Pinecones and Roses

Friday, January 14, 2011

Happy Times

In the late 70's after we ended up alone I realized that my girls and I had to make our own fun and traditions.  We would pile into the yellow Mustang and take off on a ride to the mountains or down a country road.  I laughed today as I thought of us singing along with Dr. Hook at the top of our lungs.  Cathy and her future husband had cleaned it up for me and re-recorded it with the bad words taken out.  I can't speak for my girls but I loved those times.                                 Diane

7 comments:

mudderbear said...

This reminds me of driving with my parents to Denver from Star Valley...miles and miles of this scene, in the winter. I'm glad we can go so much faster nowdays. Does anyone remember Burma Shave signs. They were the only thing to break the monotony.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Sweet memories.The picture shows a plc of beauty.
Blessings,Ruth

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Oh --I'm sure your girls loved it also, Diane... I have good memories of those days when we would just get out and take a ride in the country. We always enjoyed doing that on Sunday afternoons...

Awe--the memories.
Hugs,
Betsy

Kit said...

Your post made me think back and smile. I nominated you for an award too! Kit

Pondside said...

Oh my - this took me back! We once crossed the country with our then 4 year old son with only two tapes in the care - Dr Hook and Big Bird and the Orchestra. By the time we got to the coast we knew every bit of music on both of them!

Jayne said...

Dr. Hook and the Medicine Show... hadn't thought of them in years! Now, I'll be humming On the Cover of the Rolling Stone all day!! Fun times!

Name: Amanda said...

Some of the best times of my childhood. Hooked on classics and the beatles were also some of my favorites. Love you mom! and I love this picture too. Beautiful - xobean