Pinecones and Roses

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Crazy Woman Trading Company


Friday night was the Christmas opening in our downtown.  It's too cold for me to deal with it but I went down today to look at the pretty Christmas things. ?????????????? Very few.  I can't see that many of the businesses tried very hard with their windows.  This one, however, happens to be one of my favorite shops and I have been friends with the owners for a long time.  Whatever the time of year exuberance pours out the windows, doors, window boxes - whatever the season is.  

Crazy Woman is the name of a canyon near here.  It was named after a very sad story which I will not relate here.  This Crazy Woman Trading Company is a much happier place.  Willis and Linda have an old golden lab who comes to greet everyone at the door and they're as full of enthusiasm as they were when they first opened their store 11 years ago.                                    Diane

8 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

This place looks inviting.I would definitely go in to check out the store.I just bet I would also walk out with some purchase.
Blessings,Ruth

Laurie said...

This little shop looks so charming Diane, I'd love to go there myself!

Jayne said...

I'd go in there for sure too. Very inviting and welcoming!

Heidi said...

I love the name and I wish I could walk through!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hi Diane

I followed you over from Betsy's blog.This is a pretty store window.

My husband and I drove through or near Crazy Woman canyon on our way from SD to WY nand Yellowstone a few summers ago. I remember wondering about the name! I enjoyed visiitng your state..it is beautiful!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Diane, Glad Pat visited you... That lady lives near NYC --and she has a fabulous blog.

That little store looks so neat... I'd go in there!!!!! Is this close to where your store was???? Do you miss working in the store these days????

Hugs,
Betsy

Pondside said...

What a pretty shop - like an illustration on a Christmas card.

Name: Amanda said...

That is such a great little store. And they are lovely people. It's still early, maybe other stores will decorate? xobean