Pinecones and Roses

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Happy Fourth of July


As I was hanging the flag today I thought of some of the many reasons why I do......
     I fly it for my dad and my uncle who served in World War II. 
     I fly it for my brother who served in the Vietnam War
     ... For the people who have paid the ultimate price in fighting to provide freedom for this beloved land
     ... For our forefathers who worked to craft a perfect government and those who have carried out the  laws preserving
        our liberty and freedom
     ...For the countless people who nobody has heard of but without them this country would not work. 
          the mechanics, waitresses, refrigerator repairmen, nurses, teachers, truck drivers, clerks and people  who mark merchandise
     ...For my grandparents who always made the Fourth of July a BIG DEAL - cap guns, watermelons,   
        potato salad and strawberry shortcake
     ...For the people who knew something was wrong and fixed it
     ...For the men and women in uniform who still fight and die for this country, for K.C. and Grace who are in the military
     ...Just because Old Glory is so beautiful


                                                    God bless America                         Diane
 

11 comments:

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

I hope your day tomorrow will be extra special.
Blessings,Ruth

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Amen, Diane.... That's why we all should LOVE Old Glory... I love our flag ---and proudly fly it year-round... God Bless America.

Have a wonderful 4th weekend.
Hugs,
Betsy

Laurie said...

AMEN Diane! God Bless America! Have a wonderful 4th, off to my nieces to celebrate my sons birthday, have been there all day and having a blast!!

Heidi said...

That is so funny as I was reading your post I was thinking Amen Diane I guess we were all thinking the same!!!

mudderbear said...

Lovely post.... I really enjoyed that. There really is a lot to think about. I know I have ancestors who lived in the times and were part of the original Revolution. We have so many people to be grateful to.

Jane said...

Lvoe your post, very creative. Enjoy the 4th!

Jane

Jayne said...

A happy 4th you too my friend!

Pondside said...

Happy Fourth of July to my neighbours south of the 49th parallel!

Angela said...

How lovely. God bless America!

Name: Amanda said...

There is something very special about the flag isn't there? I can't imagine dedicating my life to serve my country. That's what so many American's do for us! Isn't that amazing? Thank you thank you thank you. xobean

Name: Amanda said...

There is something very special about the flag isn't there? I can't imagine dedicating my life to serve my country. That's what so many American's do for us! Isn't that amazing? Thank you thank you thank you. xobean