Pinecones and Roses

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Beautiful Day

It was a great way to spend my birthday. For many years I've wanted to take Leonard to a special place to me in the Bighorns. We didn't know if we could do it because we had to go to a pretty high altitude (around 8,000 ft.) and he's on oxygen. The place isn't on the map and it's taken me years to figure out where it was. I was there as a child with my family but kids don't necessarily pay attention to landmarks when we were just wanting to get to a destination. After several years and finally talking to the right person who has been there, we found it today! This has been a personal quest and I feel so happy about it. And to spend the day in my beloved Bighorns, bouncing down a bumpy mountain road with the smell of wildflowers in the air with my sweetheart driving and my little dog on my lap is almost heaven indeed.
Above is a photo of mountain bluebirds and some larkspur.
Thanks for all of your well wishes. You're all just peaches! Diane

5 comments:

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Oh,I'm so happy for you,that you could spend this day in such a special way. I hope this is just the start of a beautiful year.
Hugs,Ruth

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Diane, Just stopping by to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I've been thinking about you today.. You are two months older than I am!!!! My birthday is August 5, 1942. CONGRATS.....

I've had a rough weekend. Quite sick..
Hugs,
Betsy

Pondside said...

What a perfect day! How wonderful that you were able to find that special place and then spend your very own day there with your beloved - it doesn't get much better than that!

Denise said...

I missed your birthday and I am so sorry! Hope it was a happy one... the picture of the blue birds are great! Hope you are having a great summer!

Name: Amanda said...

I'm so glad you had a memorable birthday. Wish I could have been there with you! xobean