Pinecones and Roses

Monday, May 10, 2010

Really Good Treasures

Heidi was joking about dumpster diving today. For some reason it reminded me of a story about my mother and my, at the time, little nephew, Scotty. Mother never could pass up something laying in the middle of the road. She just had to stop the car, get out and see if it was something useful. Scotty was about 3 at the time and there was a cushion on the street. Mother pulled over to check it out but Scotty said, "wait a minute, Grandma, it's my turn." Diane

5 comments:

Pondside said...

Yes, it's good to start them early in thrifty habits! :)

Heidi said...

Thats too cute, I have a confession I first tried to get Phil to dumpster dive for me and he quickly replied if you want something out of the trash your on your own, and so I was....I think you and I could get into some good boxxing!

Laurie said...

that's too cute Diane! Did she take the cushion! Or did Scotty!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

She sounds like my mother.She could never leave something like that lying around.
Blessings,Ruth

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Cute story, Diane... Aren't memories just wonderful? AND---just think of all of the terrific treasures we all have received through the years..
Hugs,
Betsy