Pinecones and Roses

Monday, April 19, 2010

Laughing

Betsy at Joyful Reflections got me to laughing and thinking about funny family sayings this morning. It seems that I don't laugh much anymore and it just brightened up my day. Below is a picture taken in 1991. Mother, my sister and my sister in law and myself met and had a picnic. I think in this picture we're trying to get all four dogs in one place for a photo session. I'm helpless, it was so funny.
And here we are a little more sedate. Mother is taking the picture. I'm on the left, Patsy (my sister) is in the middle, and Dianna (my sister in law) is on the right. Muffie sat for this picture but the other dogs must be under the table. What fun!!!!
When we get together we get to laughing at some of the funny things that have happened in our family and of course Daddy's colorful language.
This one isn't too bad. Daddy was in the hospital after his heart attack. The doctor came in to check on him. He sat down on the bed and said, "Well, Kay, how are you feeling?"
Daddy looked him in the eye and said, "Well, Doc, I feel like a one legged man at an ass-kickin' contest.." The doctor didn't crack a smile but said, "I guess you're feeling slightly disadvantaged." Diane

7 comments:

Heidi said...

I love a good one liner, Its to bad the doctor didn't have a sense of humor...It looked like you guys were having a ball in the photos, Amanda sure made me laugh today...what a story she had trying to do a good deed.

Pondside said...

There's nothing like a really good laugh - the sort that leaves you helpless. Haven't had one of those for a while now..........

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Family times and old pictures are usually good for a laugh or two.It is good to be able to laugh at ourselves.Have a good day.
Blessings,Ruth

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Diane, Glad you enjoyed my post today.... There are tons of great one-liners on all of the comments. I love your Daddy's comment.... What a great sense-of-humor he had...

Love your pictures --when all of you were giggling. There's nothing better for the soul than to laugh. We all need to laugh more often, don't we????

Hugs,
Betsy

Laurie said...

Yes a good laugh does the soul good! Love your pictures and the fun memories that go with them, and your dad had a funny sense of humor!

Jayne said...

It is so much fun to remember times when there was nothing to do but laugh until you cried! :c)

Name: Amanda said...

Grandpa always made me laugh (without knowing he was).

I always laughed at YOU laughing. That kind of joy is hard to keep under wraps.

xobean