Pinecones and Roses

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Not The Same

When I was at home our house was about six blocks from the library. I loved to walk down and pick out some Seventeen Magazines (probably about 5 or 6) and carry them home and then devour them. Remember some of the models in that magazine, how classy, gorgeous and sweet they were? When I was in the doctor's office a while back and there was a Seventeen on the coffee table. Great! I thought, good old Seventeen Magazine! When I started going through it I couldn't get it closed quick enough. I couldn't believe the difference. Not like I thought it would be - definitely!! But is there anything that stays the way you thought it would? Diane

6 comments:

Pondside said...

No, nothing stays the same - except perhaps the old family bungalow we used to go to as kids. It hasn't changed........and that's perhaps not a good thing!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Magazines certainly don't stay the same. Although the issues of the day may be the same, the images certainly aren't. It's a whole new world for kids these days. That's for sure. Have a great day! Tammy

Jayne said...

Nope... the innocence is pretty much g-o-n-e now, isn't it?

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Makes me think that sometimes change is good.Have a fabulous day my friend.
Blessings,Ruth

Ramblin Rose said...

That's so funny! Jennie got me a subscription to Seventeen when I was in Jr high. I just loved it and read every piece of it even each advertisement. I was at the doctor's office a while back and picked one of them to look at while I waited. My, my, my what a different magazine! I did find an interesting article, however. Yes, yes, things change and I don't like it-I hate it-but I can't do anything about it or I would.
Very thought provoking post.
Love, Patsy

June said...

Scary huh? I am always surprised at how fast kids are being made to grow up now Diane. It's definitely not like it was in our day.
hugs