Pinecones and Roses

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

For Me!!!

A big box came today from the north - Alaska. It contained this beautiful bowl set that Amanda had made for me. Aren't they beautiful? They're the most amazing color and they just shine with color. The biggest one is 8" across the top - the perfect size for my little kitchen. She's a wonderful potter and I'm lucky enough to be her mom.

AND........she included a wooden spoon from France which definitely has to make everything I make with it come out a lot better, don't you think ?
I'm so fortunate to have other beautiful things she's made for me. Whenever I grab one to stir something up or stick some fruit in a bowl for the counter the work of her hands is right there for me to enjoy. Thanks Bean.
Diane

5 comments:

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

The bowls are beautiful.Yes,I do believe that anything made in these bowls and with that spoon will taste extra good.Have fun.
Blessings,Ruth

Denise said...

How wonderful for you girl!!!!!! They are beautiful !

I am happy to be able to get out and about on the net again.. We have been iced in and power off.... Whew how addicted to electricity are we!!!

Have a wonderful week girl!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Wow Diane, Your little Bean did great, didn't she???? I love those bowls and I know you will also. She is a great potter. WOW!!!!! I can 'feel' your big smile all the way down here!!!!
Hugs,
Betsy

Name: Amanda said...

Betsy is cute . . .


I'm the fortunate one, to have a great mother who appreciates what I love to do. Thank you mom for always being so supportive of WHATEVER I did/do.

Love you, Bean

Jayne said...

How very beautiful Diane. The love in her craftsmanship shines through.