Pinecones and Roses

Friday, November 6, 2009

Lookout

This might look like an architectural element on the fence but it's way more than that. It's a perch for birds, especially robins. They love to sit on top and survey the kingdom. Or for squirrels, they love to sit on top of this and they make such a cute topknot. It's also a weather gauge, the depth of the snow determined by how high the top hat is. Unfortunately I haven't been able to catch either a bird or squirrel on top of it but I have caught the snow from time to time, but hopefully not too soon. Diane+

3 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

What a clever little doo-dad, Diane. I love little things like that which have all kinds of neat uses.

Great post.
Hugs,
Betsy

Laurie said...

Hi Diane! Hopefully, more snow may hold off for a while, at least til a little closer to Christmas!

Jayne said...

Oh, I can see my bluebirds using this all the time!