Pinecones and Roses

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Green Green


I always wanted a Staghorn Fern and was fortunate enough to find one several years ago. This one has been a peach. In the summer I take it out to the sanctuary and just before it frosts I bring it in. They're supposed to be grown on a fence or a wooden slab but that wouldn't work here. They also aren't supposed to be watered the way I do, soaking it all the way through occasionally, but this one seems like it's happy with my care. I love that it's OK with me and it's very interesting look.
The other's are some greens in my kitchen, the stacking bowls were made by Amanda. Diane


6 comments:

The French Bear said...

Diane, my Mom would have loved your Staghorn, she always wanted one. I can't seem to get anything to grow, I love plants. The fern is so unusual, yet gorgeous to look at! You have the touch, it looks very healthy!
Hugs,
Margaret B

Jayne said...

What a neat plant! Just goes to show you that with love, all things thrive. :c)

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Well Diane---if you like that plant and if it likes you, you have a WINNER in my book... Congrats!!!!

Love your green bowls also.
Hugs,
Betsy

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Amazing Staghorn Fern.I always wanted to try my hand at growing one,but,unfortunately my indoor green thumb has turned brown.:)
Blessings,Ruth

Laurie said...

I used to have a staghorn many years ago, and you couldn't kill it if you wanted to. I loved it. The green pottery is so pretty, I love the utensil holders, and the bowls are also very unique and look perfect the way they are displayed. Your daughter is so talented!

Name: Amanda said...

You are so sweet to have my ugly bowls out. Only a mother could love them. I guess that makes sense. I love your fern too - it looks very healthy. xobean