Pinecones and Roses

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Hello from Miss September

This is a September doll from Josef Originals. I thought she was very pretty for an October day, too. When I had my antique store the Josef Originals were sought after by a few collectors and you can see why. Their sweet little faces and pretty colors are hard to resist. Early on in my store experience I bought around 12 from one person and I knew nothing about them. There are several different sets of them each as charming as the other. There are bigger birthday girls, birthday angels, and many individual ones. Now it's very tempting for me to collect them myself but this is the first one I've ran across. And I look for them in the thrift stores so I can afford them. Isn't she sweet? Diane

7 comments:

Denise said...

She is beautiful.. I have a set of these in my embroidery files.. I think I might just sew them out one of these days...........

Have a blessed week girl.....

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Very sweet.Such a special little treasure.
Blessings,Ruth

Ramblin Rose said...

After seeing this beautiful little girl I looked at a pretty little girl that I have with a butterfly. Sure enough, it is by the same artist. Calvin bought it for me at a yard sale because he thought it was so pretty. Love, P

Jill said...

She is adorable Diane and the perfect color for October. You seem to know exactly how to display all of your treasures.:)

Jayne said...

She is a perfect fall doll! :c)

Laurie said...

I love her face, she's so precious! The colors are also so pretty, hmmmm going to have to start looking around!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Diane, I am beginning to try to catch up on blogs. It will take me forever!!! ha.... I have enjoyed reading yours. The one that stands out is the one where you are dealing with your weight. I have dealt with my weight my entire life. I think what has helped me the most is to accept myself the way I am. That took me a long time!!!! AND--I'd still like to be that skinny gal --which I will never be.

You are a gorgeous woman ---so enjoy your life and yourself just the way you are.

Glad to be home --after 3 trips back to back!!!
Hugs,
Betsy