Pinecones and Roses

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Treasures of the Heart

Many years ago a frost was predicted for that certain night. I didn't want my marigolds and zinnias to die so I cut a HUGE bouquet and split it saving one half for us and taking the other down the alley to our friend Vivian and her husband Ben. About 2 months later I got a hand painted watercolor in the mail from Vivian and Ben. Thinking it was nice I set it up so I could admire it. Then it dawned on me. The bouquet was the one I gave them and she painted it in her art studio. I framed it and it's one of my precious treasures. They have both died since then. We had a killing frost last night, I guess that's why I thought of it.

6 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

A frost already???? I read where it had snowed in Colorado... Mercy Me!!!!!

We still haven't had much cool weather at all. I told someone that we need some colder weather so that the leaves will change here.

After 7 days of rain and humidity--I'm ready for some 'real' Fall and some COOLER weather. Send it to us please.
Hugs,
Betsy
P.S. That painting is totally awesome. I know you miss Vivian and Ben. BUT--they are smiling down on you!!!!

Jill said...

I love the way you always display your treasures...they are always appealing to the eye.
Hugs
Jill.

Laurie said...

Oh my gosh Diane, what a beautiful painting! What a special treasure. I love your dishes too!

Jayne said...

What a sweet, sweet gesture, and how wonderful you have that to remember them by.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

The picture is as beautiful as the memories you must have.Treasrue each one in your heart.Thanks for giving me a peek into your memory chest.
Blessings,Ruth

The French Bear said...

Diane, you always have such gorgeous displays!!! I love the painting, that is a real treasure!!!
We should have blog about china one of these days, it seems like everyone has beautiful china!
Hugs,
Margaret B