Pinecones and Roses

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Getting There


Flying into the sun between Seattle and Anchorage. It's probably about 10:00 p.m. - there's a 2 hour time difference between Wyoming and Alaska. You can see the sun bouncing off the plane and the miles and miles and miles of beautiful mountains. I got in about 11:30 and it was still light. I didn't have as much trouble with the light difference as I did with myself. I kept getting up to the time at home and going to bed Alaska time and that just wasn't working. Finally Amanda said "Just live by the time here." That helped a lot. As far as the light, it was absolutely incredible. I'll post more tomorrow. Diane

6 comments:

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

That's a unique vantage point.I love the subtle colors.
Blessings,Ruth

Denise said...

I just do not fly...... but that picture is beautiful! I have traveled around the world twice but in the last few years I have chosen not to fly anymore. I think I will miss a lot of things but I will drive! hahahahh

Love your background!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Wow---amazing, Diane. I had always heard that Alaska stays light for a long time at nights. Crazy!!!! I'm sure it would be hard to adjust.

Love that picture ---of the sun and clouds. Gorgeous!!!

Hugs,
Betsy

Jayne said...

What a gorgeous shot Diane!

Laurie said...

Beautiful shot Diane, thanks for posting more of your gorgeous pictures!

Name: Amanda said...

It's starting to get "normal" around here. We have a little over 14 hours of daylight now. We're on the downhill side of light. You visited at such a dynamic time of year. Good planning! :) It was so much fun showing you our "Alaska".

I love the layers of mountains in the picture. Beautiful!

Love, Bean