Pinecones and Roses

Monday, August 24, 2009

I Know, I Know


I really do know that I shouldn't feed them now, I do. But the chickadees follow me around scolding me and I finally relented and hung up some thistle socks to pacify them. I figured It would keep them busy but they wouldn't get an awful lot and they'll have to scavenge flower and weed seeds. Since I hung these up I've had to refill them twice. I've had little house finches, chickadees and, correct me if I'm wrong, a little warbler bird. I hope I'm not ruining them for winter but you know how persistent those chickadees can be. Diane

4 comments:

Laurie said...

How cute Diane! They can be quite demanding, I have to fill my feeders again tomorrow, the chick-a-dees, finches, and sparrows have all been quite vocal when the feeders empty. Yes they run my life, but hey! For the entertainment, I'll give in!

Jayne said...

I feed all summer long. I know they have other food sources, and that's fine, but I love seeing them here!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

I don't think you can ever go wrong in helping the birds.Just enjoy them.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

I feed them year-round, Diane. Feed them when you want to... They'll appreciate it!!!
Hugs,
Betsy