Pinecones and Roses

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Ed's Morning Glories

These are one of our neighbor's morning glories. Ed has such beautiful flowers and I like to wander over there from time to time to see what's coming up. He's fun to talk to about flowers, he knows a lot about them even though he might not know all the names, he knows what's pretty and when to dig them up, split them, or whatever they need. In the spring we see him walking around with his eyes to the ground, cigarette or coffee in hand. Leonard says he's making his flowers grow. Diane

3 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Diane, I love Morning Glories---and I have NONE in my yard. That is one plant on my 'bucket list'... I think those little blue flowers are so pretty.

Hugs,
Betsy

Jayne said...

I love seeing morning glories...they make me smile!

Z said...

I grew Morning Glories once - and they were lovely, I can't think why I haven't grown them since. They seem such an American rather than English flower - but they do really well here too. Next year, now you've reminded me.