Pinecones and Roses

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Flicker Nuptuals

I don't know if this is a male and female or what, I'm not sure what they found there that was so interesting. I think it was a marriage ceremony with Reverend Frog doing the honors. The ball is what frogs use instead of the Bible (????). I think they read some mysterious vows that only birds and frogs understand. All in all it was a beautiful ceremony - until a car drove by and the birds flew off. Reverend Frog was left holding the ball. Diane

4 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

How funny!!!! Remember when I posted a blog about our two MALE Northern Flickers up in the trees. They were having a BIG discussion---and I assumed one was a male and one a female. WELL--when I zoomed in with my camera, I found out that they were both males. Surprised me!!!! SO--I guess they were having a discussion about a woman!!!! ha

Hugs,
Betsy

Laurie said...

What a comical, clever post Diane, the picture is adorable!!

Jayne said...

Awwww... so sweet that you got invited to the ceremony!

Jill said...

Now that is some capture here.You always seem to be in the right place at the right time, lol.
have a great day Diane.