Pinecones and Roses

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Don't Miss a Chance!

This morning when I walked in the door at the Safeway a little lady waited for me to try to unravel a couple baskets for the two of us. We joked a little and went on our way. Just a few minutes later I happened to glance over to see the manager kneeling down by her as she sat in a wheelchair. The paramedics soon showed up. I was told by the checker that she'd just been kind of hanging on her cart and they got help for her.

"Wow!". It just reminded me again how we should never miss a chance to be kind or helpful or just offer a smile to someone. You just never know, do you?

9 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Life is so precious Diane---and we never know from one minute to the next what life will bring us (or those around us).

Lately, I have three friends who are suffering. One had a stroke, one has breast cancer which is spreading, and the other's Daddy is on death's bed. Makes me sad...

Hope you have had a great day.
Hugs,
Betsy

Name: Amanda said...

It must have made you feel good to know that you had a positive encounter with her. You're right, never miss an opportunity to be kind and loving should be my mantra. I love you - bean

Jayne said...

No, we never do. :c) Have a beautiful day my friend.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Wow,how true.We can never miss a chance to brighten someone's day.You brighten my day by your cheerful posts.Thanks my friend.
Blessings,Ruth

Jill said...

How very true Diane.
Have a wonderful day :)
Hugs..

blushing rose said...

Amen!! TTFN ~Marydon

PS Hope she's ok

The French Bear said...

So true Diane, that was a sure sign that it always pays to take a moment to be nice!!!
Hugs,
Margaret B

Laurie said...

What a beautiful reminder Diane, I have been doing a study with a friend of mine, and we were reading how smiles are truly contagious. So yesterday, I smiled at everyone I passed, and it was amazing how even the most sour face turned to a smile. I think I feel a post coming on! Thanks for your great addition to my day.
Bless you,
Laurie

Karen Valentine said...

I came over to see your Where Bloggers Create post. Sorry we missed you.

Karen
My Desert Cottage