Pinecones and Roses

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Blanc











Margaret from The French Bear had a lovely post on white today and it reminded me of a wonderful magazine article I once saw. The home had been done in every shade of white. How many shades are there, I don't know. But she had them all. Textures were what made the rooms magnificent, furs, candles, big old wooden candle holders, laces, seashells, flowers, dried things, punctuated with gold and silver candlesticks, boxes - if I remember right she even had an ecru colored dog. I wish I'd cut the article out and put in my inspiration book.
Thanks, Margaret, for prodding me to think about some of my favorite things, color.........and white.

God bless you, Diane






7 comments:

SweetAnnee said...

I love those too.. how awesome.. I love white.. and a teeny bit of color

smiles, ME

The French Bear said...

You did it! You have fabulous white things!! It was nice to do a blog together, we should do it again!!!
Hugs,
Margaret B

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

The photos show white in all it's elegance.
Blessings

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Neat post, Diane. We ALL have more white around than we think we do.. AND--there are lots of shades of white. I like the off-white look instead of the stark-white... Some whites look gray, don't they???

Interesting post...
Hugs,
Betsy

Laurie said...

How pretty Diane, I love your viniettes. It makes me want to go through and see what all I have in white, I'll have to post what I find!
I'm trying in vane to send you an e-mail, but it keeps coming back to me. I get them from you, but it won't let me send! So could you send one again? I'm anxious to send your gift!!
Blessings,
Laurie

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. I love the textures in whites. They seem to pop of against each other yet staying very harmonious together.

Denise said...

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love love love the new look!!!!!!!! Just look what happens when I take a few weeks off...... Mercy........ You did a good job here!!!!!!!

Miss you my friend......... I will be back in a few weeks........