Pinecones and Roses

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Beginning of High Water

We will be having high water this year, I'm sure. After all the snow we got this winter, especially in the mountains it has to come down as soon as it starts warming up. Remember all those pictures I posted with snow on the mountain peaks.

I thought it might be interested to keep up with it on my blog so each day there's an increase I'll post it on the sidebar. We always measure it by this old tree. Right now you can see that hasn't reached the bottom of it yet. The water's very murky - that's muddy runoff.

God bless you, Diane

3 comments:

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

I sure hope you will be able to stay dry inspite of the rising water.It should be interesting to see how it rises.Hope your day is filled with beauty.
Blessings,Ruth

Laurie said...

Good idea Diane, will be interesting to follow! Hope your day is going great, your package is on the way!!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

How interesting, Diane. Do keep us posted as to the run-off. I'll bet you get ALOT. Is that a creek or a river? Is it near your home??? You won't have any problems will you??? I hope not.
Hugs,
Betsy