Pinecones and Roses

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Now Why Didn't I Think of This!!!


I don't know these people, I just thought their wedding was the most romantic thing I could imagine. The writeup was in tonight's paper. First thing that caught my eye was the dress, how scrumptious could anything be? Next of course was the Scottish kilts and the beautiful picture. Then I read the writeup, I won't write the whole thing, just the highlights:
Married at Comlongon Castle,Dumfries, Scotland
Bride's dress was of deep burgundy and she arrived at the castle riding sidesaddle
They were piped into the keep by a Scottish piper
Married in the Great Hall of the 14th century castle keep in front of a roaring log fire
The day ended with a six-course banquet with the bridal party staying overnight before leaving for a tour of Scotland and England
I can only wonder how a couple from Sheridan, Wyoming ended up having such an incredibly romantic wedding in a Scottish castle. And I wonder if just a tiny bit of heavy rich antique lace would have been an even more romantic touch. And I wonder if the groom would have been just a eensy bit more comfortable in his blue jeans!

7 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Wow----wonder if they 'flew' their friends and families to Scotland to the wedding?????? Talk about MONEY!!!!!

That's really interesting IF they were both from Wyoming --and had no ties in Scotland... Hmmmmmmm!!!! Interesting!!! Sounds like they wanted a wedding that NOBODY would ever forget. ha...

Thanks for sharing this one, Diane. Quite unique!!!
Hugs,
Betsy

Laurie said...

How romantic! I wonder what he was wearing under his kilt!

Jayne said...

Now THAT was a wedding to remember. I can't imagine how much it cost to get everyone there. Whew!

Jill said...

How romantic! It sounds like a fairytale wedding.
Thanks for sharing this Diane :)
Have a wonderful day.
Hugs, Jill.

lolit said...

Nowadays,wedding like this might be expensive and still look elegant too.
YEs, i wonder too if the groom feels comfortable in his suit,lol.

Jill said...

Diane...I tried to email you but it keeps coming back. I will get it off this weekend for you.
Jill.

Denise said...

Oh my! How romantic was that! I pray that their love is just as beautiful in 50 years as it is with them standing there.......... It is a fairy tale wedding..........