Pinecones and Roses

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Mt. Redoubt


Photo credit to Amanda

Here's a picture of when it was taken before it started getting ugly. In the last week it's shook, rattled, spewed ash and steam. Amanda, my youngest lives about 30 miles away so my heart has been in my throat. They live in Soldotna, 30 miles away. So far the wind has carried it north but she called this afternoon and said that it had just gone off again and Soldotna is covered with a huge cloud. They have their doors sealed with duct tape and have taken all the precautions. I'm praying

God bless you, Diane

4 comments:

Laurie said...

My prayers are with her and her family also Diane, how something so beautiful can be so terrible.
Blessings and prayers for all of you,
Laurie

Jayne said...

How scary for them, and you, Diane. I hope it goes back to sleep...

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Oh Diane,This picture is so beautiful,yet what you are saying is fearful.I too will pray that your daughter and her family will be safe.
Blessings,Ruth

Denise said...

Praying with you..... A mothers heart is not easily comforted when a child is in harms way...... soooooo I will put this in my prayer journal.......

And sounds like we are blooming Twinkies! hahahhah