Pinecones and Roses

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Fairyland


Driving on a street I seldom use the other day I stopped dead in my tracks. I seldom see houses decorated for Christmas that look stunning in the daytime. If you enlarge these you can see how closely packed these decorations are and the house is trimmed with purple stars and heavily trimmed wreaths and yet it's well done. I took some pictures then I went up to the door and knocked. A little elderly lady came to the door and she was flattered when I told her how wonderfully her house was decorated. She explained that it was her nephew

who had done all of it. I can only imagine that he must work for a place and do department store windows or a that he's Hollywood set designer or something like that. We went back that night and looked at it and it was equally beautiful with hundreds of lavender and gold lights. I know Christmas is past but I just had to share this jewel with you.
God bless you, Diane

6 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Christmas doesn't end, Diane, really until Jan. 6 (Epiphany)... SO--let's still enjoy the decorations. I'll take mine down on Monday and Tuesday and I hate to do it this year since Christmas seemed so much shorter.

That was neat that you went to the door. I'm sure that woman appreciated your kindness. Her decorations are gorgeous!!!
Hugs,
Betsy

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Christmas may be over,but that is stunning.This house looks like it belongs in a fancy decorator magazine.
Blessings,Ruth

Laurie said...

How sweet you went to the door! Her decorations are so pretty, I love the arches and the draped rails. Thanks for sharing her beautiful home.
Blessings,
Laurie

The Muse said...

i love for the season of glory to linger...and i can sure feel its presence here...how joyful!

Jayne said...

WOW. WOW. WOW! He certainly MUST be in the "business" as I've never seen anything that beautifully done at a home! It must have brought her great joy through the season. :c)

Lisa Renéa said...

Oh, my-this is gorgeous! Reminds me of a home my mother used to own.
I can only imagine it at night, all lit up!