Pinecones and Roses

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Fawns

Back on August 26th I first discovered the twin whitetail fawns in a wooded area in our neighborhood. In my blog I was worrying about whether they would be able to make it through the winter. Nearly every evening I see them somewhere around here. They've changed from being the tentative, tiny little creatures to sturdy, curious little deer who love to run and leap in the air and toss their little white tails in warning to each other. I hadn't realized it but they've now lost their spots and when they graze along with their mother in the meadow they seem to have the movements of an adult deer.
The second picture was taken the end of September so you can see the difference. Now they've had almost another month behind them.
Even though they're growing up it's still very reassuring to see mama with them yet.
God bless you, Diane

3 comments:

Jayne said...

So sweet Diane!

Jill said...

They are very precious and gentle animals and I can see the difference from the first photo.
Have a great day Diane.

Liz Harrell said...

So lovely!