Pinecones and Roses

Friday, August 1, 2008

Women

It seems to me that girls always were not the nicest creatures. When I was in high school and even in the work force there was a lot of cattiness and backbiting and women could be awful troublemakers. Excuse me if I sound negative,
I'm going somewhere with this.

Now comes blogging and women on the Internet. Correct me if I'm wrong but I feel that things have completely changed in the last few years. (Of course, I'm home and I'm no longer in the workforce so maybe I'm looking at things from a narrow perspective.) When I first discovered my first blogs and such a vast array of interests I still did not know just how supportive and special these people were. I found that there's a niche or many for every interest you have and there are loving, kind encouraging people behind every one of them.

I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate all of you. I really feel that you're friends and I love sharing my life and having you share yours. I am regenerated and inspired all the time. A few minutes reading my blogs every morning pops me right out of my chair with some new idea or inspiration. Sometimes, I have to think before I comment. Sometimes I just don't know what to say that would be helpful. I hope, however, that you're knowing that I'm here helps your life some and lifts the burden just a little. And maybe just adds a little joy once in a while. Do you think people are just a little nicer anymore? I do. God bless you, Diane

4 comments:

Jill said...

Diane, I hope you know how much you make my days with your comments, your garden, your blog. Days when I am down I can usually count on you to have something on your blog to inspire me.
Bless you Diane and have a great weekend.
Jill.

Anonymous said...

Hi Diane,
I'd like to think people are kinder in general these days, but I'm not sure. I think in the work place and in school, familiarity can breed contempt... (don't get me wrong, it doesn't have to be that way, just seems like it is). I think those of us who blog, treat other bloggers the way we want to be treated, just the way we should all live our lives, all the time, right?!? :D
Thank you very much for your kind comments you left on my blog, I really appreciate your time and your input, and your well wishes. All my best, enjoy your weekend!
Kathy

Jayne said...

I think women just naturally reach out to one another and understand each other, esp. when we are not in the work world situation. I have made so many dear friends with my blogging... as my friend Beth says, they are "the nicest people I've never met." :c) So glad to have made your acquaintance Diane. Blessings to you.

Anonymous said...

Diane, all I know is that YOU are a sweetheart and a very kind person and yes Blogland seems to be a wonderful haven for kind-hearted souls and I know that I am so thankful that I landed here.. I appreciate YOU and all of your kind support along the way too. Thank you for inspiring me and being a sweet friend.

xo,
Kim