Pinecones and Roses

Monday, August 18, 2008

Heirloom Recipe Book

With summer starting to wind down and more and more produce appearing in my kitchen, I start thinking of canning season. Thinking-mind you. Not doing it. It's way too hot to do anything like that in my book and I don't trust myself if I do can something. I adore homemade jelly but I'll content myself to wait for a jar or two of crowberry jelly from Alaska. Maybe it's a little cooler up there for my daughter to make some.

These are some pictures of a little cookbook I put together because I (and you, too, probably) have some precious old or treasured recipes that I don't want to get away. This was a fun project, picking out cloth or paper and embellishments to compliment the recipe.



God bless you, Diane

1 comment:

Jayne said...

What a very sweet idea Diane. Putting these lovingly into a book makes them even more special. Have a beautiful day!