Pinecones and Roses

Thursday, August 14, 2008

A Gray Cloud


I went to see Mother today at Buffalo. I didn't know how to talk to her. A sadness hung in the air that was impossible to cut. She's 84 years old and I couldn't talk about what you and I might. She seemed to be concerned about lunch and getting a letter mailed.
A gray cloud hangs over our family threatening to break out into tears at any moment. We ask why, we know why, we ask why again. My sister, Jennie, is in third stage liver disease and has only been given a couple months to live.
My brother and I are going over the mountains to see her on Saturday. It will be the visit we don't want to make but must make - probably the last time we see her when she will know who we are.
A neighbor hugged me last and said " No tears, no love!" Lots of tears. God bless you, Diane

2 comments:

Jayne said...

I am so very sorry Diane. Warm hugs and peace be with you...

Jill said...

Hi Diane.It sounds like a really tough time you are having right now and want you to know my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.Tears are good as it helps with our emotions.My husband is really emotional and has always been like that and for us right now it is a way of comforting each other through the bad times. He just has to read one of my get well cards that I get and that sets him off. But as your neighbor said "no tears, no love" and I also think that is true!
Have a safe trip over the mountains on Saturday.
Big hugs for you and your family.
Jill.