Pinecones and Roses

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Almost Done

We've been working at putting in a new wood stove for a while now. It started with getting the old one out and doing a lot of work getting ready for the new one. Between my husband and I we do it all, him mostly. I just have to "hover" a lot, just be there if I'm needed. I did do the tile under the stove as well as some stonework around where the chimney goes in. Yesterday we got it in the house - all 435 lbs., up 5 steps. Luckily he has a stair climber to move heavy things but I thought it was going to pull him forward off the steps. I was holding on to him to keep him from being pulled off.
But we made it and tonite we're almost done. I think I can start getting the house back in order. He just has some piping to do in the basement.
He took this picture of Rascal and I. He said it's a darn good picture of the stove!!
Have a wonderful weekend.
God bless you, Diane

1 comment:

Jayne said...

Holy cow Diane! Even with a stair climber... 435 pounds you all moved? I am impressed! And, it is a lovely photo of you and Rascal next to the new stove. :c)