Pinecones and Roses

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Cooler Summer

Some days it doesn't seem like it but I think it's been a little bit cooler summer than some of the past ones. We have been in a drought for 6 or 7 years (not sure exactly) and they declared it officially over. It seems like it is. Things seem to be blooming and growing better, not just trying to stay alive. I hope you've been having a nice summer, too, wherever you are.

I went to see Mother today and found her doing O.K. but losing weight. She's treated so well there, her every need is seen to. She told them that she'd like to go to a flea market a while back and they got the van for her, pushed her wheelchair into the van, took her to the flea market where she took it all in and then they wheeled her wheel chair into the van and out again at the care center. Now what could be better than that?

God bless you, Diane

3 comments:

Jayne said...

We're alternately getting dry spells and then regular afternoon showers, and so it's been a mixed bag, but definitely less hot and humid this summer than last.

wolfqueen2 said...

Your flowers are beautiful. I love your back yard. It is so inviting.

Jill said...

I love your garden with all the flowers.Because I live by the ocean our summers are usually cool but very comfortable.
Glad your Mom is doing okay...I saw my mother over the weekend and noticed a big difference in her as well...looking very frail and it was so hard to leave her but I had to fly back home.At least for me there is the phone calls.
Take Care.