Pinecones and Roses

Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

Sunday morning I had no idea what was about to hit me. My husband and I were enjoying our morning coffee and reading the devotionals to each other when the doorbell rang. Not knowing who it could be at 7:00 A.M. I (still in my nightgown) peeked out the door and there stood my three daughters and one of my granddaughter. I couldn't get my brain wrapped around it. Brenda is from Seattle, Amanda from Alaska (remember the grizzly bear) and Catherine and her daughter Hannah are from Billings. How could they be here at this time of morning standing on my doorstep. I truly felt like I would faint and all I could do was cry and howl and hug them all. They had brought fixings for a wonderful breakfast and wonderful handmade gifts. Later in the day Lindsay, my other granddaughter, joined us. It was a magical wonderful day and I wondered a couple times what they would do next year. They can't top this. Brenda and Amanda are staying for a couple days. It will be a Mother's Day I will never forget..............................I'm sure glad I cleaned my house!!

2 comments:

Jayne said...

What a wonderful surprise!! I can imagine all it took for them to plan and execute this unexpected gift, and that makes it so much more special. Have fun with your girls!

SweetAnnee said...

Oh what a GREAT and Wonderful Mother's Day surprise!!!
the best..
Deena