Pinecones and Roses

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Weed or Flower?

You've seen them - those commercials with people having quick draw contests to see who has the best weed killer to get rid of these poor little flowers. The name dandelion strikes dread in the heart of most gardeners and people who take pride in having a carpet of green for a lawn. For those of you who feel that way too, I beg your indulgence as I continue.

I love dandelions. They're the first brave souls to pop their bright little faces out in the springtime. To me they say "SPRING IS HERE" in bright yellow. By picking a dandelion and taking a deep whiff you can just smell the honey waiting there for the bees to capture. When dandelions go to seed they are a delight to birds, little children, and some nutty people like me and a few dogs.

I hope you have a wonderful day. Until next time,

God Bless You, Diane

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

to me they're flowers! what else can they be, they're to pretty to be ordinary weeds.

Arlene,
Puyallup florist