Pinecones and Roses

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Red






Going through a magazine a few years ago I was stopped dead by a 2 page spread of an apartment that was so busy and so beautiful and so RED.




I looked around my house and decided that I have a very healthy dose of red, too, mostly in my kitchen. At one time I wanted to change the countertops and carpet. So I convinced my husband and then we started doing things backward (are we the only ones who do that?). Soon I had red fabric behind the washer & dryer and a red wall (not seen in this photo-it's where the black apron is hanging) and touches of red in the wallpaper on the doors. I realized that the boring beige colored countertop and the rag rug carpeting were a peaceful oasis for the eye. So what we set out to change stayed the same.
As Johnny Brown said about Molly Brown. "She LIKES red!!!"
Until next time,
Blessings,
Diane





No comments: