Pinecones and Roses

Friday, April 4, 2008

Come Join Me






We may be spending a lot of time here. It's my wonderful little cottage, about 8' x 8', but it's MY place. Everything in it means something to me. You'd think that my house would be that but somehow this is better. Occasionally my husband will come out and sit with me - there are 2 chairs. (The little settee in the corner holds pretty cushions but isn't comfortable except maybe for a little girl). "You need a clock out here." "No, I don't." Then he will start talking politics, this isn't the place for that , either. This is a place to relax and be a peace. This is a place to be alone and the place to have you come and have a glass of iced tea and watch the hummingbirds in the garden. Rascal will try to lure you to play with his ball and I guess that's permitted. He usually overrules me. And he's too darn cute to turn down. The fireplace works. It's not really a fireplace but a heater and it looks like we have a fire. My mother asked me what in the world I was going to do with a little cottage. I told her, "You know, Mother, sometimes women just need to have a place to be alone." She said, "How well I know that!!" This was a good day for that.
Until next time,
Yours truly,
Diane


No comments: