Pinecones and Roses

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Ben's Flowers






For the past several weeks I've been checking to see if the forsythia is blooming. There's a bush behind a house of our friend and neighbor who died two years ago and I know he would say "Did you see my yellow bush is blooming?" So I check on my walk. Today, there it was........snuggled against the house, a few blooms. Forsythia is a forlorn looking bush, it looks for all the world like a dead bush and then suddenly there is this burst of color.




Then there's his little blue flowers which just recently bloomed, also. He'd stand on the stoop and say "Have you seen my beautiful flowers?" as he dug around in the dead leaves. He said it as if they were sunflowers or dinner plate dahlias. Instead they are the tiniest little specks of blue. Yes, Ben, your flowers are blooming again this spring. I just know that you can see them where you are.
Until next time,
God bless you,
Diane



No comments: