Pinecones and Roses

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Artful Blogging

The day it happened I was surfing the net probably looking for lace or how to best arrange some shelves when I ran across a place that literally changed my life. It was Dear Daisy Cottage and it opened up a whole new world for me. On her blog I found others - a world where other people got glitter in their hair, and coped with life and death and tried to capture a beautiful bird with their camera and played house and played with feathers and rubber stamps and beautiful papers. Artists of a beautiful life. People who journalled and artists of every manner from the extreme to the homespun, from the famous to people just like me. It was heady and wonderful.
AND IT STILL IS...............
Kim at Daisy Cottage excitedly mentioned a while back that she had been chosen to have an article in Artful Blogging magazine. I couldn't find one here where I live so my daughter picked one up for me at Barnes & Nobel in Billings, Mont. and brought it down for me Easter Sunday. I hungrily devoured every page. Reading Kim's article was the clincher. I had to do it, I had to capture what the rest of them had, I had to share ideas with YOU.

So here I am, stumbling my way into my first ever blog, grinning every step of the way!

No comments: